Well, I need to remind you that YOU are energy too! And that it is equally important to not waste your precious energy. If you want to feel better by raising your vibration, thus attracting more of what you want into your life, you must first plug those leaky holes because leaky holes are how you lose "good energy", leaving you feeling drained and powerless.
So here are some tips from me to you:
- Stop spending money on things you really don't need. Wealthy people are very wise about how they spend their money. Use the food you already have in your fridge and freezer before you run out to buy more. If you are throwing away food, you bought too much of it. So plug that hole of cash going OUT. Like my dear dad said, "Use up, fix up and make do."
- You can get really good deals at a consignment shop. For the price of one sweater at Chicos you can walk out with a bag of clothes at a consignment shop. I have a closet full of lovely jackets that I would wear to work, and my co-workers would always remark, "Please tell me that you did not get that lovely jacket at a thrift shop" To which my answer was, "Yep, 8 bucks at Goodwill."
- Pay yourself first. No matter how small of a percentage it is, pay yourself first and then attend to everything else that is of necessity. It will give you a feeling of abundance as your "rainy day" fund grows. Now that is a vibration raiser to be sure!
- Stop saying "yes" when you want to say "no" Everyone wants to be viewed as nice, and helpful, but trust me, if you continue to give when you truly don't have the desire, resentment creeps in and that is a true energy drainer.
- Don't be afraid to "rock the boat". Their reactions are their reactions and their problems, not yours. Assert yourself in a non-confrontational way, and speak your truth.
- Beware of the Energy Vampires. You know who they are. When you are around them you feel your energy tank! Energy Vampires know how to push your buttons, so keep your distance and don't give them any of your good energy to feed on.
- Get enough good rest and sleep at night so that when you wake up you are refreshed and ready to start the day. Staying up late for "one more game of Solitaire, or one more episode on Netflix will leave you starting the day "in the negative".
- Worrying about things is a huge energy drainer. Worry accomplishes nothing. I know, it feels natural to worry, it gives us the illusion that if we worry we are somehow able to control the future, which is ludicrous. Worry makes us sick. Period.
- Stop watching the news! It will pull your vibration down and drain your energy right out from under you. Turn off your TV and put on some music that you like instead. Look, I am not insensitive to all of the "bad stuff" that goes on out there, but I do not have to allow it space in MY precious energy field.
- And last but not least: Stop waiting for people or situations to change. It's impossible to do!! Work on yourself and leave them out of the equation
Plugging those holes is practicing good self-care. You owe it to yourself. And you owe it to others to BE your best self!!